Our clients consistently ask about how to increase the value of their auto accident and personal injury claims. We’ve put together top ten ways you, your family and your friends can make sure they are getting the best results after being injured.
- Seek medical treatment promptly: Seek medical treatment as soon as possible after the accident to document your injuries and establish a clear link between your injuries and the accident.
- Keep detailed records: Keep detailed records of all expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and any visible injuries.
- Hire a personal injury attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney can help you maximize your claim and negotiate a fair settlement.
- Don’t sign any settlement agreements without consulting an attorney: Settlements may not cover all your future expenses or lost wages.
- Keep track of your pain and suffering: Keep a journal of your physical and emotional symptoms, as well as how your injury has impacted your daily life.
- Don’t give a recorded statement to the insurance company: The insurance company may use your statement against you in court.
- Don’t post about your injury on social media: Posts on social media can be used to discredit your injury claim.
- Preserve evidence: Save any physical evidence related to the accident, such as clothing, damaged property, and medical equipment.
- Be honest and cooperative with your doctor: Be honest and cooperative with your doctor to ensure that your medical records accurately reflect your injuries.
By following these steps, you can increase the value of your personal injury claim and receive the compensation you deserve. It is important to remember that every case is unique and it is always best to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney for personalized guidance.